Located 20 minutes away from the Henderson Park Inn, The Village of Baytowne Wharf is the perfect place to enjoy a night out on the town. This scenic shopping and entertainment complex overlooks the beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay in Sandestin. Whether you’re in the mood for a quiet evening or some late night fun, a trip to The Village never disappoints. To help you make the most of your next vacation, we have put together a guide to the top five things to do at The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
1. Baytowne Adventure Zone
Thrill-seekers will love the Baytowne Adventure Zone! This popular attraction features a number of exciting activities that are sure to get your heart racing. Here is a quick look at some of the fun things you can do at the Adventure Zone:
- Fly over a lagoon on a 300-foot long zipline
- Make your way across the challenging Sky Trail Ropes Course
- Strap into a bungee harness and do backflips on an awesome trampoline
- Scale a 40-foot tall rock climbing tower
Shopping is another one of the best things to do at The Village of Baytowne Wharf. Visitors will find a charming collection of boutiques that carry everything from beachwear to high-end clothing. Here are a few of our favorite shops at The Village:
- Waterfront Gifts & Art is famous for its custom jewelry, which is made in store during your visit
- Sandestin Clothing Company offers T-shirts, jerseys, and gifts with an Emerald Coast theme
- The Candymaker is a can’t-miss stop for anyone with a sweet tooth
3. Live Music
From March through October, The Village of Baytowne Wharf hosts a weekly Wednesday Night Concert Series from 7 – 9 p.m. Guests will enjoy free concerts from some of the very best bands in the Destin area. Many people bring blankets and lawn chairs so they can kick back, relax, and listen to the wonderful music. In addition to the Wednesday Night Concert Series, The Village also features live entertainment at many of its restaurants and bars and special holiday concerts in December.
The Village of Baytowne Wharf is a great place to go out for drinks with your sweetheart. Many of the bars and clubs at The Village are open until 2 a.m., which is perfect for night owls. Here are a few of the most popular nightlife destinations at The Village of Baytowne Wharf:
- Fat Tuesday’s Daiquiri Bar serves delicious New Orleans-style daiquiris
- The Village Door Nightclub has been repeatedly voted Destin’s “Best Place to Dance”
- Rum Runners is a dueling piano bar with a tropical island theme
5. Special Events
There is always something fun happening at The Village of Baytowne Wharf! From March through August, The Village hosts incredible fireworks displays over Choctawhatchee Bay on many Tuesday evenings. Other seasonal traditions at The Village include classic movie screenings on “Throwback Thursdays”, free champagne tastings, and a number of special holiday celebrations around Christmas. The Baytowne Beer Festival in October is also a hugely popular annual event.
When you stay at the Henderson Park Inn, you will be just a short drive from all of the great things to do at The Village of Baytowne Wharf. Voted the most romantic hotel in America by both the users of About.com and TripAdvisor.com, our adults only bed and breakfast is a favorite destination for weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries, and other couples getaways. To start planning your next vacation, browse our selection of Destin hotel rooms.