Beach Walk Cafe Shares Recipe for Crab Cake with Corn & Scallion Griddle Cakes
If you’re anything like us, trying local food is one of your favorite parts of being on vacation! When you stay at the Henderson Park Inn in Destin, FL, you can enjoy a spectacular dinner at our award-winning onsite restaurant, Beach Walk Cafe. Ranked among the Top 100 Romantic Restaurants in the United States by OpenTable, Beach Walk Cafe is famous for its gourmet seafood dishes and breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Guests at the Henderson Park Inn will even have the chance to learn how to prepare their favorite dishes from Beach Walk Cafe at one of our weekly cooking classes. Held each Wednesday, these wonderful classes are led by our very own Chef Greg Dupas, a master of Gulf Coast cuisine. The Henderson Park Inn’s complimentary cooking classes are open to anyone staying at our bed and breakfast.
Below you will find the recipe for one of the most popular dishes at Beach Walk Cafe, Crab Cake with Corn & Scallion Griddle Cakes.
Recipe for Crab Cake with Corn & Scallion Griddle Cakes
- 1 lb crab meat
- ½ cup minced red bell pepper
- ½ cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- A dash of salt
- A dash of Cajun seasoning
1. Heat a small amount of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add crab cake to pan.
2. When crab cake begins to brown, flip using a small spatula. In addition, flip the griddle cakes.
3. Place in a 400-degree oven and bake for approximately one minute.
Corn & Scallion Griddle Cakes
- 1 corn (cut off the cob)
- 1 bunch of chopped scallions
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
1. Combine all ingredients well using a whisk.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add griddle cakes to pan.
3. Flip the griddle cakes when browned on one side.
Bright Lemon Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 drops of yellow food coloring
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Combine all ingredients well using a whisk.
1. Use a squirt bottle to decorate a small plate with the lemon aioli in any design you like.
2. Shingled, place the griddle cakes on the plate.
3. Place the crab cake on top of the griddle cakes in the center.
4. Top the crab cake with a dash of lemon aioli.
5. In a small bowl, toss arugula with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
6. Garnish the top of the crab cake with the dressed arugula.
About the Henderson Park Inn
Voted the most romantic hotel in America by the users of About.com and TripAdvisor.com, the Henderson Park Inn is a favorite destination for weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries, and other romantic retreats. Located adjacent to Henderson Beach State Park, our adults only bed and breakfast boasts a private white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico. To start planning your next getaway, browse our selection of Destin hotel rooms.