4 Tips for Taking a Fall Vacation in Destin Florida
With fewer crowds, great weather, and plenty of special events, the autumn is one of the very best times to visit the Emerald Coast! To help you make the most of your fall vacation in Destin Florida, the Henderson Park Inn has put together these four tips for getting away on the Gulf:
1. Spend Plenty of Time Outdoors
The fall climate in Destin is ideal for being outdoors. For most of the season, visitors will enjoy highs in the 70s and low 80s. This comfortable weather won’t leave you sweltering in the heat, but it will still be warm enough to lay in the sand and go for a swim.
Guests at the Henderson Park Inn will enjoy exclusive access to our private white sand beach. We even provide towels, chairs, and umbrellas, so the only thing you have to bring is yourself! The Henderson Park Inn also offers free bicycle rentals, so you can go for a fun ride at the nearby Henderson Beach State Park or Highway 30 A.
2. Keep an Eye Out for Migrating Butterflies
During your fall vacation in Destin Florida, be on the lookout for the beautiful monarch butterflies that frequent the area in October. These impressive insects make a 3,000 mile trek from the northern United States and Canada all the way to Mexico. With their stunning orange, black, and white wings, monarch butterflies definitely warrant a photo or two, if you can spot one during your getaway.
3. Enjoy a Fall Sunset
Fall sunsets in Destin are simply spectacular. In the autumn, weather patterns bring plenty of clean, dry air to the Emerald Coast, which causes vibrant red, yellow, orange, and pink colors to emerge as the sun sets. At the Henderson Park Inn, we offer a complimentary happy hour each day at sunset at our beachside Tiki Bar. Sipping a cocktail while watching the day give way to night is one of our favorite fall traditions.
4. Check Out These Fall Festivals
Destin and the surrounding area host a number of excellent festivals in the fall. Here are a few events that are definitely worth attending:
- 30A Craft Beer & Spirits Festival – Over 1,000 craft beer and spirits enthusiasts come to this wonderful festival each year. 100% of the festival’s profits go to charity.
- Destin Seafood Festival – Sample some of the area’s signature seafood on the beautiful Destin Harbor Boardwalk. Admission is free and almost 70,000 guests are expected to attend.
- Festival of the Arts – Admire work from over 100 artists from across the nation at this popular fine arts show at the Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village.
- Blues, Brews, and BBQ – This fun festival features a BBQ competition, plenty of samples, and live entertainment.
The Henderson Park Inn is the perfect place to stay for your fall vacation in Destin Florida. Voted the most romantic hotel in North America by the users of About.com and TripAdvisor.com, our adults only inn has everything you need for a relaxing getaway. To learn more about everything our hotel has to offer, visit the Henderson Park Inn Amenities page.