Top 4 Things to Do in Destin FL in January
A vacation in Destin, Florida with your sweetheart is the perfect way to start off the new year! Visitors to the Emerald Coast this January with find a variety of fun events to enjoy, with concerts, celebrity appearances, and even a Broadway play on the calendar. To help you make the most of your getaway, the Henderson Park Inn has put together a guide to four of the best things to do in Destin FL in January.
1. Winter Guest Concert Series at HarborWalk Village
Throughout the month of January, Destin’s HarborWalk Village will host a concert every Sunday afternoon from 2 – 4 p.m. These great performances will take place on the Village’s main stage and will feature some of the area’s most popular local artists. The concerts are totally free and both vacationers and locals are invited to attend.
2. 30A Songwriters Festival
The 30A Songwriters Festival brings some of the nation’s biggest musical acts to the Emerald Coast for a series of special concerts. In total, 175 accomplished songwriters will perform at this popular festival. This year’s headliners include:
- Dr. John, the legendary New Orleans musician responsible for “Right Place Wrong Time”, “Such a Night”, and a memorable rendition of “Iko Iko”.
- Cheap Trick, the rock band famous for “I Want You to Want Me”, “Surrender”, and “Dream Police”.
- John Prine, the country/folk singer known for the songs “In Spite of Ourselves”, “Sweet Revenge”, and “That’s The Way The World Goes Round”.
- Shawn Colvin, the americana singer famous for “Sunny Came Home”, “When You Know”, and “Never Saw Blue Like That”.
- The festival’s concerts will take place at a number of venues along Scenic Highway 30A. Be sure to purchase your tickets as early as possible, as the 30A Songwriters Festival is one of the most popular things to do in Destin FL in January.
3. An Evening with Jason Alexander
The actor Jason Alexander will be appearing at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center this January for a special show. Famous for his portrayal of George Costanza on the hit show Seinfeld, Alexander is also a Tony Award winning Broadway star. “An Evening with Jason Alexander” includes hilarious stories from Alexander’s career and renditions of Broadway music featuring the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra.
4. Pippin at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center
January also brings the Broadway musical Pippin to the stage at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. This spellbinding show features high-flying acrobatics, incredible stunts, and memorable songs from the composer of Wicked. In the play, a mysterious theater troupe tells the story of Pippin, a prince from the Middle Ages, as he searches for meaning in his life.
When you stay at the Henderson Park Inn, you will be just a short drive from all of the best things to do in Destin FL in January. Voted the most romantic hotel in America by the users of About.com and TripAdvisor.com, our adults only bed and breakfast is the perfect place to stay during your winter escape to the Emerald Coast. To learn more about everything our hotel has to offer, visit the Henderson Park Inn Amenities page.