3 Things You Need to Know About Visiting Destin FL in April
Published on February 24, 2020
There is no better way to kick off the spring season than a vacation in Destin FL in April! Visitors to the Emerald Coast will find an idyllic climate and a variety of fun events in the area. To help you make the most of your getaway, the Henderson Park Inn has put together a guide to everything you need to know about Destin in April.
1. Beach Weather is Back
While you can enjoy walking along Destin’s beaches during the winter months, if you’re looking to break out your swimsuit, spring is the right time to visit. During the month of April, Destin boasts average highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s, which is perfect for laying out on the beach and soaking up the sun. Visitors who love to go swimming will be pleased to find 70 degree water. Whether you’re interested in jet skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving, or another outdoor activity, you will love being on the water in April.
2. Music is in the Air
There are a number of excellent concerts scheduled in Destin FL in April! Here are some of the musical events we’re looking forward to:
- Every Wednesday in April, the Village of Baytowne Wharf hosts a Wednesday.
- Night Concert Series from 7 – 9 p.m. These concerts are completely free and guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
- In April, the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation kicks off the season with a Spring Concert in the Village.
- The Mattie Kelly Arts Center at Northwest Florida State College (which is a separate location from the Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village) usually hosts a number of great concerts this April. For a complete list of the upcoming concerts, visit the Mattie Kelly Arts Center Events page.
3. The Sandestin Wine Festival is a Can’t-Miss Event
The Sandestin Wine Festival has been named the area’s “Best Annual Event” by Destin Magazine, and it’s easy to see why! This four day festival provides the unique opportunity to sample hundreds of superb wines at one convenient location. Wine novices will enjoy learning all about the various styles and varieties of wine, while wine aficionados will love talking with winemakers and tasting rare vintages. The Sandestin Wine Festival is one of the Emerald Coast’s most popular events, so we recommend purchasing tickets as early as possible.
When you stay at the Henderson Park Inn, you will be near all of the best things to do in Destin FL in April. Our adults only bed and breakfast has been voted the most romantic hotel in America by both the users of About.com and TripAdvisor.com.
Located adjacent to Henderson Beach State Park, our hotel offers guests exclusive access to our private white sand beach. With a gourmet breakfast buffet each morning, complimentary lunches from HoneyBaked Ham, free bicycle rentals, sunset happy hours, and an award winning onsite restaurant, the Henderson Park Inn has everything you need for an unforgettable vacation.
To start planning your next getaway, browse our Stay page.